Build a better bowl.
Recently everyone is talking about DCM (dilated cardiomyopathy), we should also be talking about the increase in cancer, allergies, etc,. and how to prevent them. There is a lot of concerning news both true and false, being reported lately regarding pet food and how it may effect your pet’s health(which I feel is a good thing getting people to look at what they are feeding).
We are the ones in control of our pets food choices, We need to be educating ourselves and pro active on what we are feeding them, not just so they Survive but so they Thrive
Here is where this blog may come in handy, I'm going to give you choices on how you can BUILD A BETTER BOWL for your dog or cat. Of course Raw in my opinion would be the best but I understand that, feeding 100% raw is not always possible for everyone. So I will give you some tips so you can boost the nutrition of your kibble by some simple additions. Our saying at Pet Supplies 'N' More is some Raw is better than no raw.
We always seek to provide the safest, healthiest products for your pets.
Not listed in any order, anyone of these items will help to elevate your pets bowl to better nutrition. If you would like to know more about any of these add on's and how they help, stop in and check out our door, there is much more listed there.
- Goat's Milk - Loaded with Vitamins, Minerals, Electrolytes, Enzymes, Amino Acids Plus much more.
- Bone Broth - Helps with digestion, Joint health, Immune System support, Provides Moisture, Appetite stimulant and Liver Support.
- Organic Broccoli - Blend in blender first Rich in Vitamins A and C, Calcium, potassium and fiber, helps promote good health in the heart, colon an bones.
- Organic Parsley - High in Vitamin A, Vitamin C and calcium. Useful as an antibiotic, anti fungal and antiseptic.
- Organic Green Beans - Low calorie, Rich in vitamin K, high levels of manganese, lutein, and beta-carotene.
- Sardine - Rich in B12, Selenium and Omega-3 fatty acids. Supports cardiovascular health and is a rich source of bone building Vitamin D.
- Primal Pet food has Frozen Elixirs that make it easy to add functional toppers or add on's to your pets bowl like Joint Health Omega Mussel Melange, Immunity Boost Healthy Green Smoothie or Digestive Support Winter Squash Puree.
- Answers Pet Food - Frozen Fish stock, Frozen Turkey Stock, Frozen Goat milk and Frozen Cow Kefir which adds not only moisture but also nutrients.
- Ziwi Peak - has slow and gently air dried meat recipes feature 96% meat, seafood, organs and bone in authentic inclusions and whole-prey ratios to mirror the natural diet which can be used as a topper.
- Canned or Canned like - Fromm, Caru, Stella &Chewys, Nature's Logic, Born Free, Nulo, Rawz , Ziwi, these can be a great tasty treat or as a topper for large dogs and it’s great for finicky eaters and dogs with food allergies.
- Freeze Dried - Like Stella & Chewy's, Steve's, Vital essential, Fresh is Best, Small Batch, Primal or even freeze dried organ meats. One simple scoop is all it takes to turn your dog’s everyday kibble into awesome raw nutrition.
We understand that like many pet parents, you want nothing but the best for your dog/cat. We all want our pets to live a long healthy, happy life.
This is for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian with any questions you may have regarding the medical condition of your pet. Never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read here.